How Peri-Colace® Works
The active ingredients in Peri-Colace®Tablets are docusate sodium and standardized senna concentrate. These ingredients are used together to help relieve occasional constipation. Docusate sodium works to soften the stool. Standardized senna concentrate is a laxative that helps to gently stimulate motility of the intestines.
Take only by mouth. Doses may be taken as a single daily dose, preferably in the evening, or in divided doses.
Usual daily dose:
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 2-4 tablets daily
- Children 6 to under 12 years: 1-2 tablets daily
- Children 2 to under 6 years of age: Up to 1 tablet daily
- Children under 2: Ask a doctor
- Do not use laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor.
- Do not use if you are presently taking mineral oil unless told to do so by a doctor.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Stomach pain
- Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over two weeks
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.