- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes, low or no added salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) chili beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the tofu, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro. Ladle into individual bowls and serve immediately.