Colace® Clear is a stool softener available in a clear formulation that is dye-free and a lower strength. Use Colace® Clear to treat occasional constipation, including constipation associated with certain medical conditions.
- For gentle, reliable relief from occasional constipation (irregularity)
- Stimulant-free for those who have conditions where they should avoid straining
- Generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Docusate sodium, the active ingredient in Colace® Capsules, allows water and fats to get into the stool. This helps soften fecal material and makes defecation more comfortable. Docusate sodium is not a stimulant laxative.
Take only by mouth. May be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses.
Colace® Clear Soft Gels – 50 mg
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 1 to 6 capsules daily
- Children 2 to under 12 years of age: 1 to 3 capsules daily
- Children under 2 years: Ask a doctor
Do not use laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor.
Do not use if you are presently taking mineral oil unless told to do so by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Stomach pain
- Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over two weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.